大学英语精读第二册（第三版）book2Unit1 更多相关资料 资料下载服务 http://shop63722862.taobao.com/ 专 htm 一） 1. bare 2. empty 3. empty 4. bare 5. empty 6.empty 二） 1. shortly 2.track down 3.faint 4.motioned 5.at the sight of 6.feel like 7.slamming 8.rang out 2. Does the doctor think the elderly lady is 9.contract 10.made for 11.heated likely to survive the operation / it is likely that the elderly lady will survive the operation? 3. The other day your cousin paid us an 业 资 料 网 三） 1. host 2. sprang up/rang out 3. impulse 4. came to 5. track down 6. unexpected 7. outgrow 8. widened 9. shortly 10. emerge / spring up 11. at the sight of 12. made for 13. crisis 14. colonial 四） 1. Jimmy has outgrown the shirts his aunt made for him a few years ago. http://www.taohua.com/shop/shop_home-11044. 12.emerged
unexpected visit. 4. Don't you see the nurse motioning us to be silent?
1.The people questioned gave very different 5. Her face lit up with joy at his return. 6. The sound of her footsteps grew fainter as she walked farther away. 3. Several days passed before they came up with 五） 1. 4. We were woken early by the sound of the birds Additional Anxious Courageous Dangerous Emotional Industrial Medical Musical National Personal 2. 4. as long as Heated pigtailed bearded experienced colored 5. whereas gifted 6. Although pointed 7. whereas aged 8. Although advantageous conditional curious 6. After a day ’ s work, I felt I had little educational famous intentional mountionous 七） mysterious 1. During the time that occasional 2. As long as practical 3. Although energy left. 7. I knew of some of the athletes taking part. 8. The success obtained surprised those who had given up the project as impossible. singing. 5. The chairman made it clear that those objecting should explain their reasons. a satisfactory solution to the problems discussed. opinions on the issue. 2. Can you see the man climbing on that rock?
3.argument 1. They frightened the child into telling the truth. 2. He tricked her into marrying him by pretending millionaire. 3. My tactless words forced the old gentleman into buying something he could not possibly afford. 4. He finally talked me into accepting his terms. 5. The girl persuaded her father into giving up smoking. 2.attention 6. Their severe criticism shocked her into realizing her selfishness. 3.noticed 4.shining 1. Guests are to be back in the hotel by twelve o’clock. 2. An investigation is to be made next week. 3. I am to meet them at the airport. 4. You are to finish your homework before you watch TV. 9.its 5. The medicine is to be taken three times a day after meals. 6. Bob and Susan are to get married in October 10.feet 11.from 12.however 八） 13.do 1.hosts 14.as 2.heated 5.directed 6.there 7.bed 8.snake 1.corner 8.crawled 9.crisis that he was the son of a 6.emerged 7.slam 4.impluse 5.shortly
15.forward 8.burning 16.neither 9.greeted 17.still 10.battlefield 18.if 十） 19.through 1.她砰地关上门，一声不吭地走了，他们之间那场 20.floor 21.pulling 22.under 2. 出席晚宴的客人对那个美国人威严的语气感到 23.cried 24.out 25.to 26.where 27.made 28.eyes 4. 当全部乘客都向出口处 (exit) 走去时，他却 独自留在座位上，好像不愿意离开这架飞机似的。 九） While all the other passengers made for the 1.do the cooking 3.hardly thought so 5. 这封信必须交给威尔逊博士本人。 3.settled down The letter is to be handed to Dr. Wilson 4.half expected 5.equipment 6.boiled over 7.why things were so quiet himself. 6. 南希虽然很想参加辩论，但腼腆得不敢开口。 While she felt like joining in the argument, Nancy was too shy to open her mouth. exit, he alone remained in his seat as if unwilling to leave the plane. 有点意外。 The guests at the dinner party were slightly surprised at the commanding tone of the American. 3. 约翰尼已长大成熟，不再害怕独自呆在家里了。 Johnny has outgrown the fear of staying at home alone. 争执就此结束。 Their argument ended when she slammed the door and left without a word.
7. 你觉得什么时候最有可能在家里找到他？ 4) left behind/left (my car keys) behind What do you think is the likeliest time to find him at home? 8. 猎人一看见有只狐狸从树丛中出现并向他设下 (lay) 的陷阱 (trap) 方向跑去，脸上顿时闪出了 兴奋的表情。 The hunter’s face lit up with excitement as soon as he saw a fox emerge from among the bushes and run in the direction of / make for the trap he had laid. 10) perpetual 大学英语精读第二册（第三版）book2Unit2 答案 上海外语教育出版社 1)origin 1)Besides Except Besides 2)threatening 2)Have received Accept 3)Discovered Invented 5)owes 1) alike 2) asleep 3) alive 4) awake 5) alone 6) astir to Was invented Discovered Accepted Received 3)in existence 4)hesitates 9) above all 7) created 8) obtained 5) error 6) rejected
6) Acting on 7) leaving to
8) went out of her way 9) has been appointed
10) judgments 11) influence 12) humble
1) conflict with 2) superior to 3) resented 1) Many authors use a false name when they publish their books.
2) The origin of human life on earth is now believed to have been in Africa.
3) self-educated 4) self-respecting
3) The book was translated from Chinese into English under the personal supervision of the author. 6) self-made 4) In spite of the personal participation of the President, the conference failed to produce agreement. 5) Many Americans prefer to travel by car over any other means of transportation. 3) strengthen 6) Watches made in your factory are far superior in quality to those turned out in theirs. 5) to be lengthened 1) a wait-and-see attitude 2) a life-and-death struggle 1) In his youth 3) a down-to-earth spirit 2) A 17-year-old youth 4) an out-and-out lie 3) The youth of our country have 5) an out-of-the-way mountain village 4) Some youths 6) a face-to-face talk 5) Youth is 7) a divide-and-rule policy 6) The youth of the 21st century have 8) up-to-date machines 9) word-for-word translation 10) a never-to-be-forgotten night 1) Although advanced in years, Thomas Edison remained as active and creative as many young people. 2) While still at college, Miss Leacock had her 1) self-conscious 2) self-sufficient first novel published. 3) A tiger cannot be tamed unless caught very young. 6) hastened heartened 4) lengthening/ 1) frightened 2) be heightened 5) self-supporting
4) The old lady carrying a basketful of eggs was run down by a taxi when crossing the street. 5) I am sure Mr. White's latest play, once staged, will prove to be a great success. 6) Ben is fully aware that if not properly managed, his shirt factory will have to close down in less than a year.
6) It was not until I told her that Mrs. Williams knew anything about it.
1) Paul considered himself fortunate to have been admitted to Harvard University. 2) Don't you think it good for us to remember Jefferson's emphasis upon knowledge as a basis for action?
1) Paul could not dance, nor could he sing. 2) I was not satisfied with her explanation, nor were my classmates.
3) Today people find it impossible for one person to learn what needs to be known about all subjects. 4) His duty fulfilled, Henry felt a great
3) My brother Joe never learned to swim, nor does he intend to start now.
weight taken off his mind. 5) Alice considered herself lucky that she was
4) They didn't invite me, nor did they invite my parents.
not injured in the accident. 6) The Chinese working class made its strength
5) Cathy had hardly said a word since supper, nor had her husband. 6) Mr. Owen didn't know then what had happened, nor did he ever find out.
felt by playing the main role in the May 4th Movement.
1) action 2) obtain
1) It was Jefferson who wrote the Declaration of Independence. 2) It is with genuine feeling that the author praises all that is progressive. 5) go out of one's way 3) It was on the beach that Miss White found the child lying dead. 4) It was because the water had risen that we could not cross the river. 8) owe much to 5) It was Jim, a heartless fellow, who was heard shouting at his mother in the dead of night. 9) left behind 6) conflict 7) acted on 3) humble 4) origins
22) and 1) before 1) guided 2) aged 2) In fact 3) following 3) a second term 4) Now 4) shape 5) lying 5) independence 6) for 6) served as 7) that 7) Constitution 8) as 8) honored 9) in 9) The nation's capital 10) that 10) celebrated 11) might 翻译 12) life 1) 会上有人建议任命一个十一人委员会来制定新 13) away 14) saved 15) was 16) given 17) does By making on-the-spot observations, the young 18) the 19) done 3) 他很可能会因视力不好而被拒收入伍。 20) more It is very likely that he will be rejected by 21) in the army because of his bad eyesight. scientists obtained first-hand information they needed in their research work. 章程。 It was suggested at the meeting that a committee of eleven be appointed to make a new constitution. 2) 这些青年科学家通过现场观察，获得了研究工 作所需的第一手资料。
4) 委员会成员在新机场最佳选址 (location) 这 一问题上持有不同意见。
4)consists of 5)vital
conflicting 6)range 7)Judging by
opinions as to the best location of the new airport. 5) 亨利创作的艺术品在许多方面比他兄弟的要 好。 Henry's works of art are superior in many respects to those of his brother's.
8)leisure 9)awkward 10)ultimate
6) 我们产品质量的稳步提高在很大程度上是由于 设备有所改进。 The steady rise in the quality of our products owes much to the improvement of our equipment. 7) 吉姆本想按照自己的判断行事，但他没有这样 做，因为作为军人他得服从命令。 2) prospect Jim would have preferred to act on his own judgment, but he didn't because as a soldier he had to obey the order. 4) smelled of 8) 如果让我来决定我们是要一个没有自行车的城 市呢，还是要一个没有汽车的城市，我会毫不犹豫 地选择后者。 6) suburb Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a city without bikes or one without cars, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. 大学英语精读第二册 （第三版） Book2Unit3 答案 上 海外语教育出版社 1)were short of 11) Having little in common 2)attached any importance to 12) disapproval 3)have applied for 13) advertise 董亚芬主编 10) interview 8) protested 9) incompetent 7) stale 5) depressed 3) in turn 1) salary 11)constitute 12)slim
2) a kind-hearted woman 14) plus 3) a simple-minded young man 1) A r é sum é generally consists of personal information, work experience and educational background. 2) In today's job market, importance is attached to practical experience as well as formal education. 3) The pay for this type of work ranges from ten to fifteen dollars per hour. 9) a narrow-minded man 4) The thought of having to take the exam again depressed me./ I was depressed at the thought of having to take the exam again. 5) Tony and his brother have little in common except that they share the same interest in cricket./ Tony and his brother have little in common cricket. 6) England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland constitute the United Kingdom. 5) smells of wine 1) unlock 2) unpacked 3) undo 4) unfolded 1) surprising/surprise 5) unsay 2) surprised 6) undressed 3) excited 1) a blue-eyed girl 4) frightened interested 6) can smell something burning 7) was smelling a ball of wool 8) smell of fish/smelt of fish/smelled of fish except their shared interest in 3) Smell the milk 4) smells stale 2) could smell cigarettes 1) smells lovely/smells sweet 10) a short-sighted woman 7) a left-handed person 8) a red-tailed bird 5) a long-haired rabbit 6) a white-haired girl 4) a double-faced guy/a double-faced fellow
5) bored 6) closed
closing 1) advertised 2) local
7) frightening 3) slim 8) winning 4) apply 9) amusing 10) lost 6) consisted of 1) The rumour proved (to be) true. 2) The experiment proved (to be) a success in the end. 9) in common 3) The student proved (to be) much brighter than he had first appeared. 4) His experiences on the farm proved (to be) a turning point in his writing career. 1) Out 1) I could say "Thank you" 2) apply 2) I had time to look over my answers 3) others 3) most of the students understood the first problem 4) I could stop him 4) know 5) preferred/chose/select 6) single 1) the letter must have been written by a small child 2) they are probably Japanese 3) he might have failed in his English exam 4) the performance must be a great success 7) a 8) at 9) behind 10) careful 10) salary 11) prospect 7) attached importance 8) Obviously thinking 5) disapproval
11) to 8) eagerness 12) considerate/thoughtful 9) left me with only one other question 13) when 10) call on 14) questions 15) polite 16) rest/others 17) floor 18) placed 19) turn 2. It is obviously/clearly his young assistant 20) When 21) noticed 22) brushed 23) nails 24) excellent 25) more who is running the book store. 很明显是他的年轻助手在经营这家书店。 3. No sooner had the proposal been announced at the meeting than she got to her feet to protest. 这项建议在会上一宣布，她就站起来提出异议。 4. Bill has applied to Harvard University for a teaching assistantship, but his chances of getting it are slim. 1) hiring 比尔已向哈佛大学申请助教职位，但他得到它的可 2) link 3) college graduate 4) somewhere 由于缺乏资金，他们正在想办法吸引外资。 5) find out 6. The room smells of stale air. It must have 6) checked with his university 7) he'd be right for the job been vacant for a long time. 这个房间有股霉味，一定是好久没人住了。 能性很小。 5. Being short of funds, they are trying to attract foreign capital. 翻译 1. She got a post as a cashier at a local bank. But she was soon fired because she proved to be incompetent. 她在当地一家银行找到一份出纳员的工作，但不久 因不称职而被解雇了。
4) at ease 7. As far as hobbies are concerned, Jane and her sister have little in common. 就业余爱好而言，珍妮和她妹妹几乎没有什么共同 之处。 7) puzzle 8. It is self-evident that the education of the young is vital to the future of a country. 不言而喻，青年人的教育对于一个国家的未来是至 关重要的。 10) so much so that 大学英语精读第二册 （第三版） Book2Unit3 答案 上 海外语教育出版社 1) a series of 星宇之大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit4 答 案(2010-03-15 22:10:07) 转载标签： 大学英语精读 2 手机博客校园 分类： 大学英语精读 2 1) few 2) A little 3) little 4) few 5) a few 6) a few 7) little 8) few little few 4) ambition 5) fame 6) come to terms with 7) work out 8) singled out 9) personality 10) taken apart 11) at ease 12) observe 1) function 13) modest 2) corresponded with each other 14) application 3) immune to 15) curiosity 3) are pursuing 2) approaches 8) a household word 9) capable of carrying out 5) displayed 6) approach
9) important 16) solutions 10) valuable 1) He writes exclusively for the "Washington Post". 12) delightful/delighted 2) The friendship your people have for our people impressed me deeply during my visit in your country./ I was deeply impressed during my visit in your country by the friendship your people have for our people. 15) personal 3) It took Joe a long time to come to terms with the fact that he would no longer be able to go sailing again. 17) sandy 4) Jim's grandfather believes more in fresh air and exercise than in medicine. 5) Owing to his poor education he was frustrated in his attempt to find a good job. 20) easy 6) Most American cities are relatively small in terms of population when compared to Chinese cities like Shanghai and Beijing. 1) typewriter 1) emotional 2) angry 3) atomic 4) exclusive 5) famous 6) jealous 7) safe 8) simple 2) honeymoon 3) airport 4) schoolmaster 5) necklace 6) eyesight 7) loudspeaker 8) sunrise 9) heartbeat 18) original 19) curious 16) capable 14) fortunate 13) feasible 11) central
10) blood-test 5) a ball of string 11) motorcycle 6) a block of marble 12) crossroad 7) a roll of toilet paper 13) spaceship 8) a helping of pie 14) superpower 9) a blanket of heavy mist 15) lifeboat 10) a slice of beef 16) rainstorm 1) Joe's father was seen to return after dark. 1) handbook/handmade/handsaw/handshake/handwor k/handwriting 3) I don't think Tom can be made to take the 2) housebreaker/housekeep/housekeeper/house arrest/housemate/housework 4) The young man was seen to enter the building 3) workbook/workday/workmate/workshop/worksite /worktable 4) bookkeeper/bookmark/book 5) When she was in Shanghai the actress was heard to say she had long thought of this city as her second home. 6) After the minister of education had finished 5) riverside/roadside/bedside/dockside/inside/ outside 6) classroom/living room/reading room/waiting room/consulting room/dark room 1) The doctor advised (that) Mike (should) stay in hospital until he was fully recovered. 2) Cathy's father insisted (that) she (should) 1) a drop of blood 2) a grain of wheat 3) a length of rope 4) a lump of sugar take a two-week rest before going back to work. 3) The chairman of the Trade Union suggested (that) a special committee (should) be set up to look into the problem./ The chairman of the Trade Union suggested (that) they set up a special committee to look into the problem. speaking at the press conference, he was made to answer all sorts of questions. review/bookseller/bookshelf/bookstall next to the bank. boss's orders. 2) The wind was heard to roar through the trees.
6) lecture 4) The commander ordered (that) our company (should) start the attack before dawn. 5) Knowing Jack to be dishonest, I demanded (that) he (should) tell me nothing but the truth. 6) The dean of the philosophy department requested (that) the visiting scholar (should) give a lecture on Sartre. 11) two 12) hall 1) bewildered 13) before 2) impressed 14) place 3) modest 15) began 4) profound 16) single 5) displayed 17) success 6) ambition 18) people 7) singled out 19) shaking 8) puzzle 20) followed 9) capable 21) before 10) at ease 22) stopped 1) by 2) with 3) listened 4) gave 5) told 23) a 24) listened 25) not 26) nodded 27) did 9) for 10) agreed 7) sure 8) Why
28) thought 29) but
I did not have the slightest interest in his profound theories. 3) 千万别说可能会被人误解的话。
30) order Be sure not to say anything capable of being 31) was 32) answer misunderstood. 4) 我被他们互相矛盾的意见搞糊涂了，不知如何 去做才是。 1) childhood 2) a slow start 5) 起初，这个复杂问题使他们感到灰心丧气，但 3) mathematics 4) grew up 5) devote himself to research 6) world-famous 7) explain The head of the sports delegation beamed with 8) you think it's two hours 9) the physical world 7) 这学期我们都学*得不错，我真不明白为什么 10) conquer 翻译 1) 那小女孩跑得太快，身体一下失去*衡，跌倒 了。 8) 我相信比较高级的 | (higher) | 动物是由比较 The little girl ran so fast that she was thrown off balance and fell over / down. 2) 他 致 力 于 研 究 工 作 的 精 神 (devotion to research) 给我留下了很深印象，但我对他那些深 奥的理论丝毫不感兴趣。 I was impressed by his devotion to research but 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit5 答案 上 低级的|（lower）|动物进化而来|（develop from） |的这一学说。 I believe in the theory that the higher animals developed from the lower ones. 我们的英语老师单单表扬了班长一个人。 I really don't see why our English teacher should single out our monitor for praise since we have all done quite well this term. delight when a young pioneer presented him with a bunch of flowers. 经过仔细思考后他们终于研究出了解决办法。 At first this complicated problem frustrated them, but after thinking it over carefully they finally worked out a solution. 6) 体育代表团团长在少先队员向他献上一束鲜花 时愉快地笑了。 I was so bewildered by their conflicting advice that I did not know how to act/what to do.
海外语教育出版社 1)h 2)e 3)a 4)g 5)f 6)d 7)b 8)c
董亚芬主编 14) came about
1) has served as 2) may do harm to 3) makes up 4) convert them into 5) in all likelihood 6) from year to year 7) compete with 8) is essential to for
1)makes up 2)fraction 3) perspectives 4) from year to year 5) poisonous 6) liberate 7) crept 8) transparent 9) to make matters worse 10) consume 11) be replaced 12) interior 13) has disappeared 1) poisonous 2) joy 3) treacherous 4) religious 5) prosperous 6) spontaneous 7) humorous 8) mysterious 9) jealousy 10) curious 11) cautious 12) ridiculous
1) at first 13) ambition 2) firstly/first 14) generous 3) First of all 15) virtue 4) first of all/first 16) error 5) firstly 1) fast-growing 2) fast-moving 3) good-looking 4) far-reaching 1) A ballet dancer who does not practice every 5) outstanding 6) ill-fitting 7) high-sounding 8) everlasting day loses a lot of skill, as does a musician. 2) Almost all the teachers at the training centre were women, as were the majority of the learners. 3) The first lines gripped him; as did the next verse; and then the whole poem. 1) ill-planned 2) well-paid 5) Anyone accompanying a disabled person will 3) well-designed 4) well-read 5) newly-wed 6) well-meant 1) It is believed that between 50,000 and 7) widespread 8) far-fetched 100,000 people in this country, who are free of symptoms, are likely to be carrying the HIV virus. 2) During this period, it is estimated that be admitted to the meeting, as will guide dogs. 6) The second individual session began with a review of the homework assignment, as did all sessions. 4) Isaac watched her winning smile, as did every man in the group. 6) first 7) at first 8) at first
half a million people were killed in the communal violence that flooded the country. 3) When it is discovered that a substance harms women's reproductive health, women of 4) run 5) fall 4) Official figures give average class sizes as forty to fifty, but it is reported that in the rural areas there are often seventy to eighty children in a class. 7) means 8) away 1) apparent 9) retreat 2) disappear 10) to 3) pressure 11) necessarily 4) widespread 12) possible 5) collapse 13) so 6) alternative 14) exist 7) does us no harm 15) gained 8) tissue 16) though 9) liberate 17) found 10) visible 18) another 11) radiation 19) piled 12) by itself 20) stay 13) consume 21) causing 14) in all likelihood 22) flooded 1) grow 23) farther 6) melt childbearing age are usually kept from jobs that might expose them to it. 2) hotter 3) seem
3) 显然，找到替代能源对我们经济的稳定发展是 至关重要的。 1) planet's Apparently, 2) average 3) directly 4) 太阳能电池（solar cell）能吸收阳光并把它 4) temperature 5) too cold for most life 6) In fact, it is frozen 5) 如果地球上的温度继续年复一年地上升，极地 7) thick 8) hot enough to melt lead If the temperature on the Earth continues to 9) The Earth absorbs most of the energy that reaches its surface and re-emits it as heat 10) In doing so, we are setting the stage for a warmer Earth 6) 因为这些生物很小并且常常躲在叶子茂密的植 物下面，肉眼并不都可以看见。 翻译 Because these creatures are small and tend to 1) 如果富有的国家多花些钱搞绿色工业， 而不是 去建立军事机器和制造核武器，当今许多广泛存在 的污染问题将会逐渐消失。 7) 由于受到原子辐射，他最终在工作时倒下了。 If the rich countries spent more money on green industries, instead of on building up military machines and nuclear weapons, many of today's widespread pollution problems would gradually disappear. 2) 烧煤的时候，不仅消耗房子里面的氧气，而且 还散发出有毒的气体。 The burning of coal not only consumes the oxygen in the house but also gives out poisonous gases. 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit6 答案 海外语教育出版社 董亚芬主编 上 There is distinct evidence of the connection between heavy pressure of work and some disorders of the body. 8) 有明显的证据表明工作上的重压与身体的某些 毛病有联系。 As a result of exposure to atomic radiation, he finally collapsed at work. hide beneath leafy plants, they are not always visible to the naked eye. go up from year to year, the polar ice caps will begin to melt and, in all likelihood, half of the buildings in coastal cities will disappear beneath splashing sea waves. 的冰帽将会开始融化，沿海城市中一半的建筑物很 可能会消失在劈啪飞溅的海浪下面。 变成电。 Solar cells can absorb sunlight and convert it into electricity. finding alternative energy sources is essential to the steady development of our economy.
12) in practice 1) live with 2) resolve 3) encounter 2) With determination and hard work, you are 4) sole 5) drawing to a close 6) anticipated 4) Driving a car after drinking alcohol will 7) dwelt on 8) sat on 5) You must take (full) responsibility for 9) had butterflies in his stomach 10) conceited losing the money. 6) Great success at such an early age made the young businessman quite a conceited fellow. 1) open up 2) relaxed 3) emergency 4) concluded 5) live with 6) at one time or another 7) particular 8) surgery 9) was sweating 10) competently 11) in advance 下题横着 1) absence 2) efficiency 3) independence/independency 4) silence 5) confidence 6) patience 7) distance 8) competence/competency 9) frequence/frequency 10) presence inevitably lead to an accident or arrest by the police. bound to succeed eventually. 3) The burglar walked very fast in order to avoid being seen by the policeman behind. 1) I was confident that I would win the race. /I was confident of winning the race.
11) importance 12) permanence/permanency 13) constancy
9) empower 10) entitle
1) I'll get you one 14) emergence/emergency 2) I'm thinking of getting a new one 15) evidence 3) must buy some bigger ones 1) efficiency 2) emergency 3) absence 4) confidence 5) frequency 6) distance 1) Once a good beginning is made 7) presence 2) Once you understand these rules 8) independence 3) Once he makes a promise 1) have enriched 2) had enjoyed 5) once you get into the habit of smoking 3) ensured 6) Once she began to write in English 4) endeared 5) enabled 6) endanger 2) You won't have much difficulty getting to 7) enlarge 8) have been embodied know people in Italy. 3) The conceited young man said he had no 1) I had a lot of trouble getting the car started this morning. 4) Once they are put down in black and white/Once put down in black and white 4) The one at the front 5) have eaten all the soft ones 6) decided to catch a later one 7) I want to borrow one 8) the ones you had on yesterday
5) sweat 6) competent
4) To the teacher's surprise, most of the students in his class had little difficulty working out the hard maths problems. 8) relax 5) Did you have any trouble finding the butterfly specimen Prof. Nolen wanted? A 6) The shepherds had a great deal of trouble driving the sheep to a place of safety in the snowstorm. 2) examined 1) Einstein is so famous that there is no one who doesn't know him. 4) trouble 2) There is almost nothing that his dog won't eat. 3) There is no one who doesn't make any mistakes in his lifetime. 7) ago 4) There is no goal that you cannot obtain so long as you have an honest attitude and a strong will. 9) you 5) There is nobody here who won't lend you a helping hand when you find yourself in difficulty. 11) worry 6) John is called Mr. Fix It because there is almost nothing that he cannot fix. 12) followed 13) again 1) surgical 14) quite 2) confident 15) that 3) dwell on 16) tailor 4) emergency 10) pay 8) advice 5) much 6) same 3) nothing 1) from 7) at one time or another
B 9) by my first name 1) how 10) satisfying 2) answer 3) cut 4) surgeon 5) had 6) over 7) only 8) found We anticipate encountering / that we will 9) by 10) got 3) 吉姆的朋友说，他们那个城市的噪音污染十分 11) then 12) saying 13) around 严重，但是他们只好忍着。 Jim's friends said that the noise pollution in their city was terrible, but they had to live with it. 4) 汤姆起初认为，凭他的知识、技术和经验，一 1) By most standards 2) distance 3) diseases 4) considered 5) a different way of practicing medicine It would be wise / advisable to handle this 6) show concern for 7) stand apart from 8) grows delicate problem with calmness and patience. 6) 迪克以为，如果他拆不开那台机器，那么很可 能厂里别的工人也拆不开。 定能够找到一份称心如意的工作。 At first Tom thought that with his knowledge, skill and experience he was bound to find a satisfactory job. 5) 冷静耐心地处理这个微妙 (delicate) 问题是 明智的。 encounter resistance to our plan / our plan will meet with resistance. 翻译 1) 只要你不断努力，你迟早会解决这个难题的。 If / As long as you keep (on) trying, you will be able to resolve this difficult problem sooner or later. 2) 我 们 预 料 我 们 的 计 划 会 受 到 抵 制 (resistance)。
Dick thought that if he wasn't able to take the machine apart, chances were that no other worker in the plant could, either. 7) 你是否认为公共汽车司机应对乘客的安全负完 全的责任？ Do you think bus drivers should take full responsibility for the passengers' safety?
13) raged 14) get through to
1) tragedies 2) has established/established 3) cautious
8) 你不必再去多想那些判断上的失误了。重要的 是尽量避免再犯。 You needn't dwell on your mistakes in judgment any more. What's important is to try your best to avoid repeating them. 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit7 答案 海外语教育出版社 1) peered 9) get through to 2) right off/right away 10) fuss 3) tough 11) vacant 4) checks on/checks in on 12) stream 5) take to 13) drifted 6) waging 14) challenges 7) extending 15) property 8) impact 9) established 10) abandon 2) 11) confront 12) ran into We're praying for good weather for tomorrow's cricket match. 3) This sofa can be extended into a bed. 1) Famine followed the war, one tragedy after another. 董亚芬主编 8) have stepped up/stepped up 上 6) take a stand 7) exploded 4) took to 5) talk back
4) The Jackson family have occupied this gray row house for two and a half years.
1) in several different ways 2) the right way of saying/the right way to say
5) It was reading his books that prompted me to write to him. 6) Are you positive the hospital has no vacant beds? 5) way of telling his story 1) dirty 2) stormy 3) healthy 4) muddy 1) speaking 5) rainy 2) to pay 6) sunny 3) being dropped 7) smoky 4) to leave 8) noisy 5) to fight 1) reorganized 2) rearrangement 3) reassembled 4) replace 1) It is / was the first time (that) Tommy has 5) reunion 6) regain 7) repay 3) It is / was the first time (that) John has 8) reconsideration / had spoken in public. 4) It is / was the first time (that) she has / had talked back to his parents. 2) It is / was the first time (that) I have / had ever been in a plane. 6) moving 7) spending 8) to be becoming 6) her way 7) that way 8) his way of helping the poor 3) the wrong way 4) the way/the way that/the way in which
/ had ever taken a strong stand against raising taxes. 9) called/named 10) boy's 1) moved in 11) your 2) waged 12) the 3) property 13) on 4) take a stand 14) make 5) drifted 15) bring 6) tragedy 16) through 7) prompt 17) later 8) impact 18) showing 9) took to 10) got through to 11) ran into 12) fussing 1) cigarette 2) two and a half packs 3) lung cancer 4) influence 1) Judging 5) pull a blanket over my head 2) Confronted 6) suffering 3) change 7) decision 4) You 8) affect 5) treated 9) prospect 6) But 10) sharing his experience 7) set 8) never 翻译
1) 在当地政府的领导下，村民们奋起应付由水灾 造成的严重粮食危机。 Under the leadership of the local government, the villagers rose to the serious food crisis caused by the floods. 2) 这个展览会很受欢迎，吸引着源源而至的参观 者。 The exhibition is very popular and is
Opening the door, the man who had set fire to the church found himself confronted by a dozen policemen with guns. 8) 据报道，燃烧了两个多小时的熊熊烈火始于一 个废弃的仓库。 It is reported that the fire which raged for more than two hours started in an abandoned warehouse / store.
attracting a steady stream of visitors. 3) 妈妈上楼来查看我们这些孩子时，我转过身假 装睡着了。 When Mom came upstairs to check on us kids, I turned over and pretended to be asleep.
大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit8 答案 海外语教育出版社 1) decrease 2) outside 3) plus 董亚芬主编
4) 对阿姆斯特德来说，向毒贩展开斗争是个挑战。 虽然她感到紧张不安，但她决心勇敢地面对这些 人。 5) hard Waging a battle against the drug pushers was a challenge to Armstead. She felt rather nervous but she decided to confront them. 7) thin 5) 老太太叫我小心些，不要与那些在街角闲荡的 家伙讲话。 The old lady told me to be cautious and not to talk to the guys hanging out on the street corner. 6) 一个卫生组织促使地方政府为建造一所新的医 院筹措三百万美元的资金。 12) present A health organization prompted the local government to raise a three-million-dollar fund for a new hospital. 14) stale 7) 那个曾放火烧教堂的男子打开门时，迎面遇到 十来个持枪的警察。 15) pull 13) false 10) clever 11) light 8) fall 9) exclusive 6) empty 4) vague
16) at least 17) minor 18) alive/living 19) relatively 20) narrow
7) incident 8) corresponding 9) contagious 10) lay in 11) anyway 12) reinforced
1) is on the rise 13) behavior 2) numerous 3) was launched 4) come to no good end/come to bad ends 2) Medical scientists have long recognized 5) different from 6) go down 3) San Francisco and Shanghai are both major 7) being hard on/being so hard on the child 8) an indication 9) possess 10) a case in point seaports and financial centers, but unlike Shanghai, San Francisco is hilly and surrounded by water on three sides. 4) An increase in investments will lead to a corresponding rise in profits in times of rapid economic growth. 5) The size of the prize tempted many people 1) out of style 2) In the case of 3) overnight 4) on the other hand 1) disagreement 5) evidence 2) disadvantage 6) clue to enter the competition. 6) All the candidates for the position must meet the requirement of successful completion of secondary school. that heart disease is linked to cigarette smoking. 1) We think of the Great Wall of China as one of the wonders of the world.
3) disappear 1) overpraised 4) disapprove 2) overate 5) misbehave 3) overwork 6) discomfort 4) overcrowded 7) miscount 5) overweight 8) discontented 6) overloading 9) discontinue 7) overanxious 10) disclose 8) Overpopulation 11) misdeed 12) misdirect 13) misfortune 14) misguide 15) dishearten 16) dishonor 17) misjudge 18) mislead 19) disobey 20) disorder 1) Helen will have that dress altered to fit 21) misprint 22) misspelling 23) mistranslate 3) I had my meals brought to me when I was ill 24) misunderstanding in bed with a bad cold. her. 2) It was Qin Shi Huang who had all the walls joined up. 1) shoe repairers 2) clothes shops 3) cigarette packets 4) customs duties 5) child welfare 6) arms control 7) a salesperson/a sales clerk 8) a ticket office
4) He had three of his teeth knocked out in the fight. 5) Bill had his hat blown off when (he was) crossing the bridge. 6) The sleeping cat lay too near the fire and had its tail slightly burned.
about something, but rather to learn something about everything.
1) evidence 2) on the rise 3) behavior
1) Our team is likely to win the game. 2) Davis is not likely to get home before dark. 3) These old buildings are very likely to be knocked down in a year or two.
4) launched 5) campaigns 6) contagious 7) Numerous
4) As the young man is very short of money, he is likely to apply for the dangerous job advertised in the paper. 9) unlike 5) The old lady was even less likely to survive the operation if she got any worse. 6) As Nancy is one of the best tennis players on the school team, she is most likely to be singled out for special training. 2) never 1) The wish of the scientists is to find new resources for mankind. 4) won 2) Her goal in life is to work hard for the happiness of all people in the world. 3) The object of my visit was to consult your uncle as to how I could learn English better. 7) when 4) Jefferson's / His purpose in making on-the-spot observations of the James River was to find out whether its South Branch was deep enough to be used by large boats. 5) No. My approach is not to learn everything 9) stopped 10) help 8) along 5) On 6) happened 3) very 1) pair 10) reinforced 8) linked
8) property 11) to 9) learn a lesson 12) station 10) it's too bad I won't be able to replace it 13) found 14) gone 15) lying 16) this Vast amounts of investment have enabled the 17) recognized 18) back 19) like 20) strong 3) 成功在于勤奋(diligence)，诺兰医生就是一个 21) fists 22) got 23) never 4) 他们都具有很高的道德标准，决不会受诱惑接 24) on 受如此贵重的礼品。 Men of high moral standards, they are never to 1) computer games 2) was getting married 3) hesitated There are indications that numerous factories 4) Unfortunately 5) Worse still 6) forever The police arrested the criminal on a charge 7) positive of armed robbery several hours after they found an important clue to his identity. are faced with a very difficult situation. 6) 警方找到谁是罪犯的重要线索后，在几小时内 就以武装抢劫罪拘捕了他。 be tempted into taking such expensive gifts. 5) 有迹象表明，不少工厂正面临着十分困难的局 面。 很好的例证。 Success lies in diligence. Dr. Nolen is a case in point. economy of the area to grow rapidly. 2) 他们为新建一所医院开展了一场筹款运动。 They launched a campaign to raise money for a new hospital. 翻译 1) 巨额投资(investment) 使这一地区的经济得以 迅速发展。
1) complacent 7) 调查显示，对某些人来说，退休往往会造成心 理上的病痛。 Investigation has revealed that retirement tends to cause psychological troubles for some people. 8) 医疗队并没有一味抱怨当地医院较差的工作条 件。比如，好几位医生就曾用自己的钱购置了简单 的医疗器械。 The medical team did more than complain about the relatively poor working conditions at the local hospital. For instance, several doctors bought simple medical instruments with their own money. 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit8 答案 海外语教育出版社 海外语教育出版社 董亚芬主编 上 11) aptitude 12) evaluation 1) make so much fuss over 2) is worthy of 3) for sure 4) granted 5) heartily 6) picked out 4) I keep telling myself never to take anything 7) took it for granted 8) what has gone wrong 9) by my estimate 6) Mrs. Park had an uneasy suspicion that her 10) highly son was really guilty as charged. for granted. 5) The final cost of the house was a lot higher than the builder's original estimate. 1) We'll win for sure. 2) Do you think the tall buildings in Shenzhen look similar to / are similar in appearance to the skyscrapers in Manhattan, New York? 3) The number of mistakes determines the mark you will receive in an examination. 董亚芬主编 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2Unit9 答案 上 9) explored 10) registered 8) uneasy 6) devise 7) verbal 4) intelligence 5) tried on 2) academic 3) hastened
1) from under 2) from behind 3) from among 4) except on 5) until after 6) except for 7) except to 8) until after 1) subconsciousness 2) subcommittee 3) subtitle 4) substandard 5) subcontinent 6) subaverage 7) subplot 8) sublevel 1) rosy cheeks 2) healthy activities 3) a fussy man/a fussy person 4) a cloudy sky 5) a funny story 6) watery eyes 7) hearty wishes 8) wavy hair/wavy curl 9) tasty food 10) a lengthy speech 11) a silvery voice 12) sunny days 13) a snowy winter 14) a noisy classroom 1) ad 2) plane 3) auto 4) bike 5) doc 6) dorm 7) exam 8) kilo 9) lab 10) math/maths 11) taxi/cab 12) zoo
1) intelligent 2) intellectual 3) intelligent 4) intellectuals 5) intellectual
method. 5) The news that he won the first gold medal at the 23rd Olympic Games soon spread throughout the country. 6) His suggestion that intelligence is a relative matter is not universally accepted. 7) He seconded my motion that the vote be postponed.
1) How long did he tell you he waited? 8) There can be no doubt that Suzy is the right 2) Which mountain did they say they tried to climb? 3) When do you suggest we meet again? 4) How many passengers do you suppose the boat takes? 5) Where did they say the ancient coins were found? 6) Who do you think will be the likeliest candidate for the Presidency? 7) Why do you guess he chose to remain single? 5) He took it for granted that his father would 8) What do you expect he will buy as Christmas presents for his children? 6) We thought it highly probable that he might change his mind at the last minute. 1) The fact that he works hard does not necessarily mean that he is a competent leader. 2) His explanation that he didn't see the notice is unsatisfactory. 3) The fact that he cheated on exams was revealed in the end. 1) explores 4) Most of us don't agree with his view that there is no advantage in introducing the new 2) aptitude 8) The doctor thinks it advisable that you stop smoking. 7) I think it likely that the train will be delayed by the dense fog. come to his help if he got into trouble. 4) I regard it as important that every one of you should finish your homework on time. 3) He didn't want it to be known that he was too ill to go on working. 2) We consider it important that you should mind your manners. 1) We all thought it a pity that you were unable to attend our meeting. person for the job.
14) constant 3) normal 4) highly 5) worthy of 6) academic 7) Intelligence 8) evaluation 9) aptitude 10) taken for granted 1) Strangely enough 2) at birth 3) genius 4) boring 5) experts 6) at random 7) as intelligent as each other 8) Imagine 1) in 9) differences 2) example/instance 10) plays a part 3) repairman 4) because 5) embarrassed 6) cause 7) which 8) cleaned 9) owned The author argues that we should not take it 10) of/about/with 11) fix 12) simply 13) into I picked out some English idioms and tried them for granted that those who score high on intelligence tests will naturally do well in practical work. 3) 我挑出几条英语*语（idiom） ， 考了一下我的 同班同学。 翻译 1) 一切都表明他的计划出了毛病。 Everything points to the fact / indicates that something has gone wrong with his project / plan. 2) 作者认为，我们不应想当然地以为那些智力测 验得分高的人在实际工作中就一定能干得好。
on my classmates. 5) nephew 4) 三位教授被请来对新教员设计的教案作出评 估。 Three professors were asked to make an evaluation of the teaching plans devised by the new teachers. 5) 这对我们来说是个很小的损失，不要大惊小怪。 It is a very small loss to / for us. Don't make such a fuss over it. 11) hero 6) 他比任何对手的得分都高得多，证明他不愧为 一个胜利者。 He scored far more points / much higher than any of his rivals and proved himself a worthy winner. 2) as 7) 这两只动物外貌很相似，但它们属于不同的种 类。 The two animals are similar in appearance, but they belong to different species. 5) as 8) 我并不确切知道他申请的贷款（loan ）银行是 否会给他。 I don't know for sure whether the bank will grant him the loan he has applied for. 8) Like 大学英语精读第三版第二册 Book2 Unit10 答案 上海外语教育出版社 1) hostess 2) god 3) prince 4) aunt 董亚芬主编 1) reluctant 2) fished out 3) ignored 4) nothing but 5) made out 6) like 7) As 3) like 4) like 1) like 12) actress 8) lady 9) lion 10) policewoman 6) cow 7) girl student
14）consistent 6) only too 7) much of an 8) quit 2) Pleased with his students' progress, 9) exhausting 10) measure 3) We have come to know it is important to apply 11) rewarding 12) brief 13) dramatically theory to practice. 4) When first learning to speak Spanish, I was often embarrassed at my errors in pronunciation. 5) The prospect of working under a conceited 1) criticized 2) profits 3) live on 4) alert 5) passed on 1) pressure 2) illness 3) preparedness 4) boldness 5) effectiveness 6) departure 7) willingness 8) carelessness 9) hopelessness 10) exposure man made him reluctant to take the job. 6) Have you any idea of how the management reacted to Sam's suggestions for improvement? Professor Tyler gave them a pat on the back on more than one occasion. 1) Heavy smokers generally shrug off the warning that smoking is harmful to health.
6) investment 7) performance 8) appreciate 9) routine 10) shrugged off/ignored 11) discouraged 12) comment 13) complicated
11) darkness 12) friendliness 13) coldness 14) frankness 15) pleasure 16) nervousness 17) greatness 18) cold-bloodedness
4) instinctive fear/ instinctive dread 5) large, expressive eyes 6) an impressive movie/ an impressive film 7) creative work 8) a decisive victory 9) defensive arms/ defensive weapons 10) an explosive situation
1) at fault 1) darkness 2) pleasure 3) carelessness 4) coldness 5) pressure 6) departure 7) frankness 8) hopelessness 1) It is a pity that he did not come earlier. 9) effectiveness 2) It's a well-known fact that smoking can 10) exposure cause lung cancer. 3) It is true that I encouraged him, but didn't 1) the productive forces 2) protective measures 3) constructive criticisms 5) It was hard to understand why Prof. Hardy actually help him. 4) It didn't seem likely that they would ever keep their promise. 2) was to blame 3) were blamed for 4) fault 5) blamed 6) fault 7) was to blame 8) at fault for
had singled out Mary for criticism. 6) It's unfair that most women do not earn equal pay for equal work.
3) quit 4) appreciated 5) ignored
1) Instead of criticizing Susan for what she has done, we ought to praise her for it.
6) pat on the back 7) discouraged
2) Instead of going straight home after school, Helen went to work as a waitress in a restaurant. 3) Instead of sending the book to Allan by post, I'm going to take it to him myself. 2) her 4) Instead of going to New York yesterday to attend his daughter's wedding, Dr. Wilson flew to Florida for an emergency case. 4) and 5) Instead of using oil lamps, the villagers have electric lights now. 6) Instead of disturbing Cathy, the news had a strangely calming effect on her mind. 7) in 1) much bigger 2) a little more difficult 3) slightly more encouraging 4) far more constructive 5) considerably more efficient 6) 25 per cent higher 8) quietly 9) things 10) strike 11) with 12) wonder 13) opinion 14) everything 1) profits 15) true 2) comments 16) other 5) with 6) could 3) talked 1) out 8) routine
criticism. 17) as 2) 作为父母我们应该知道，对于孩子们来说，一 18) surprise 19) were 20) change 3) 这位教师并不是一个了不起的学者，但他的确 21) could 22) For The teacher isn't much of a scholar, but he does 23) picture know how to teach a course in a lively and interesting manner. 1) draw 2) known as We often find it much more difficult to apply 3) pursuing 4) a cow with wings 5) whisper She never scolds her children for squabbling. 6) fan 7) With her continuing support 6) 格林先生老是挑他女儿写作的刺儿，但不知怎 8) sincere 9) oxygen 10) powerful deeds of kindness 的，对她那首写得很差的诗歌却给予好评。 Mr. Green was always critical of his daughter's writings, but somehow he commented favorably on that poorly written poem of hers. 7) 我们班上有不少学生因为没有按时交作文而受 翻译 1) 作者想通过这篇文章向读者传达她对赞扬与批 评的看法。 Through the article the author wants to convey to the readers her views on praise and 8) 一位好的教师应对学生取得的进步非常敏感。 到教师的当众批评。 Quite a few students in our class were publicly criticized by the teacher for failing to hand in their compositions on time. Instead, she gives them a few words of praise when they play quietly. a rule than to know it. 5) 她从不因为孩子们争吵而责骂他们，而是在他 们安安静静地玩耍时赞扬几句。 4) 我们常常发现运用一个规律比懂得它要难得 多。 懂得怎样把一门课教得活泼而有趣。 (in a ... manner) 句赞扬抵得上十句责骂。 As parents we should know that for children an ounce of praise is worth a pound of scolding.
如果学生的进步被忽视，他们就会感到沮丧。 A good teacher should be very alert to the progress his students make / are making. If their progress is ignored / goes unnoticed, the students will feel discouraged.
大学英 语精 读第 三版第 二 册 Book2Unit10 答案 上海外语教育出版社 董亚芬主编